Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pt. Reyes Garden

One of my co-workers asked me to do a commission piece - a painting of a family vacation home in Pt. Reyes, California.  I don't usually do commission pieces as I tend to get all anxious about whether or not the end result will be the right thing - but am trying to let go of that - and just enjoy painting.  The nice thing is that I have "free reign" of how I want to paint the house/garden.  The house is sort of rustic looking - I didn't find it that interesting -- but I did like the garden and decided to focus on the chairs and the garden.   I may do another one - we'll see.  But, this is the first attempt.  (8x10)
Linda


1 comment:

  1. What a charming garden Linda....yes commissions can be difficult. Just got 2 from my Bitsy quest and I am already thinking will I make the painting the person has in mind.....but in the end it works out well and we learn so much about staying centered.

    ReplyDelete