Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chianti

The hardest thing for me with painting is not to have expectations when starting a painting -- and to not be disappointed when it doesn't turn out the way I expected.  I guess that applies to life also.  In today's class, our lesson was to learn how to paint glass.  We used a Chianti bottle and a wine bottle.  Let me tell you, glass is not easy!  I am attaching a photo of my painting.  I guess in life, as in painting, lessons are for learning - and in that respect, today was a success. But I may have to do a few more paintings of glass to get the hang of it (and maybe drink a little Chianti while I am at it)!
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? This glass is great. the reflection, the subtle roundness of both the bottles, esp. the front one. Looks like you guys did a little tasting beforehand - I don't see any one in the bottles ;-)

    ReplyDelete