Saturday, April 30, 2011

A New Avenue

Well, I have always been drawn to figurative paintings and portraits - not the formal type portraits, but those done in the impressionistic style.  I have tried doing figurative work in the past but haven't really stuck with it for any length of time.  I feel like I am ready to explore it.  So, along those lines, here is a painting I did today from a black and white photo in a magazine.

Also, I have decided to enter 2 paintings in the San Diego County Fair - it is a juried show, so won't know for a while whether or not the paintings are accepted.  I entered the "House on C Street" - painting that I mentioned in my last blog entry (that I decided not to put in the gallery show) and the following painting - "Le Cafe" - will post any results.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment