Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sculpture Class #1

So, apparently this is the year for me to try new things!  I decided to sign up for a 10-week "portrait sculpture" class.  I thought it would help me become more familiar with the structure/planes of the face and improve my portrait paintings.  Tonight was the first night.  I was a little intimidated when I walked in - several seasoned sculptors - one lady was sculpting Paul McCartney, another lady was sculpting her husband.  There were five of us newbies.  The teacher gave us each a 25 pound block of red clay, which we  mounted on an armature.  We were to work this into the basic shape of the head.  Once I relaxed and started working with the clay, I really enjoyed myself!  So, here are 2 photos - first is my basic shape - second is after I used a sponge and smoothed it out.
Linda



1 comment:

  1. BrAvery and challenging yourself will lead to endless possibilities! Great plan.

    ReplyDelete