Friday, February 18, 2011

Greeting Cards

I love making greeting cards for my friends.  It's so funny because no matter what they look like, I seem to get a good response!  It's lovely.  And, just like with the faces I do, the greeting cards are meant to be funny and silly and whimsical!  I try to carry a sketch book with me at all times - for doodling or jotting down ideas when they come into my head.  Sometimes it's as simple as seeing something somewhere and it sparks an idea.   Or sometimes I just sit down and start drawing a card and see what evolves.  Then you add a little glitter for sparkle and voila!  I have this habit of sitting watching TV and working on my cards.  So, I have attached a couple of examples that I worked on last night.  I am off to Solana Beach tomorrow for my art class - hopefully will have a painting to post tomorrow . . .
Linda

1 comment: