Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday's Painting

Had my painting class in Solana Beach today -- I will attach a photo of the painting I did - although I am not happy with it.  It is not finished - but I realized that I don't have as much success with a painting if the subject matter is not something I connect with or really want to paint.  Today's painting is of La Jolla Cove - which is a beautiful spot.  I have to remind myself that I cannot expect to have success every time I paint a painting - and  also try to remember that I am learning more from the challenging paintings.  So, I must be learning a lot!  ha ha.  The big bold strokes you see are the teacher's - she helped me quite a bit today.
I am hoping to paint plein air at the San Juan Mission on Monday with 3 art pals (if it's not raining) - will post if I do!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment