Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today's Painting

I had a good painting class today - the subject matter was clouds.  The teacher told us to just "make up" a foreground (easy for her to say).  I usually am either painting what I see or using a photograph as reference material.  So . . .  I made up the foreground.  It was not the focal point of the painting so didn't need to contain a lot of detail.  Actually, I paint in a loose style - and the clouds are even a little abstract.  Anyway, had a fun day - good comraderie, a glass of vino and painting!  What could be better than that?!
Linda

1 comment:

  1. The foreground works really well - I like this loose style. There's a touch of light down below that really sets it off. And the light on the clouds is beautiful. Am getting these updates now via email. Yahoo - it works!

    ReplyDelete