Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday's painting

I had a very good class today.  There's something about being in a class with other people (as opposed to painting at home alone) - I like the interaction with other painters and I learn from them as well as the teacher.  I am lucky to be in a semi-private class - there are only 3 of us in the class.  Great fun!  I am attaching a photo of today's painting.  We are all painting "alla prima", meaning we finish the entire painting while the paint is wet or all in one session.  I guess I just don't have the patience for going back and working on a painting for months on end.  Although I always look at it for a few days to see if it needs any "fixing".  I see a couple of things in today's painting that I need to do.  This is a painting of the meditation garden at the Mission in San Diego.  I painted it from a photograph.  It is 11x14.
I have an idea for a figure painting - am hoping to work on that this weekend - will post any attempts I make!
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Your garden at the mission painting and your use of those soft colours; with the dappled light is wonderful! I love painting too-come have a visit to my blogsite sometime!
    Bye,
    Richardson.

    ReplyDelete